J.R. Norman Boudreau
Mr. Norman Boudreau has established a solid reputation amongst First Nations’ communities, corporate and individual clients throughout Manitoba. Whether representing the interests of his clients in court or during negotiation sessions, Norman accompanies his clients in a professional and attentive manner.
Norman is a skilled litigator and negotiator across all venues including the Specific Claims Tribunal, the Federal Court of Canada and the Court of Queen’s Bench.
Originally from Montreal, Norman obtained his Bachelor of Education at the College Saint Boniface and graduated from the University of Ottawa Faculty of Common Law (French Program) with an academic Cum Laude distinction. Norman was called to the Bars of Ontario and Manitoba in 1996.
- Long Plain First Nation Surrender Claim – prosecuted and negociated a $32 million dollar settlement;
- Fisher River Cree Nation Alienation Claim – prosecuted and negociated a $15 million dollar settlement;
- Thomas Sophonow v. Government of Manitoba et al. – prosecuted and collected a $2.6 million dollar judgment;
- Bellan v. Crocus Fund et al. – prosecuted and obtained a $12 million dollar settlement in the first successful Manitoba class-action;
- Treaty 1 First Nations and Kapyong Barracks – obtained a declaration from the Federal Court that the Government of Canada failed in its duty to consult with the First Nation before disposing of the Kapyong Barracks; Watch the interview with Winnipeg Free Press;
- Norway House Fisherman’s Co-op – obtained a tax free status ruling from the Supreme Court of Canada for a group of aboriginal commercial fishers.
Our seasoned team of lawyers would love to assist you in Winnipeg! If you need counsel concerning Indigenous law, labour and employment law, real estate, wills and estates, or any other legal matters, our law firm can help—contact us today!
J.R. Norman Boudreau B.ED., LL.B.
Norman practices mainly in the areas of Civil Litigation and Aboriginal Law.
Jordan’s primary areas of practice are family law, estate litigation and residential and business real estate transactions.
Scott C. Entz
Scott received his Call to the Bar of Manitoba in 2013. Some of Scott’s areas of interest include family law, civil..
John obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba Faculty of Law in 2019.